At Sidhu & Associates, we provide proactive approach to tax planning rather than reactive. We keep current on changes in income tax and legislation related to tax planning strategies for our clients to minimize current and future tax liabilities.
Although individual tax planning and corporate tax planning are distinct issues, it is essential to coordinate the two to achieve ideal results. We can help with elements such as structuring investments, taking advantage of income splitting, and avoiding income tax attribution for spouses and children under the age of 18.
Tax Services include but not limited to:
Individual tax planning and preparation.
- Business, investment and partnership income.
- Rental, farming and fishing income.
- Capital gains - real state, rental property, stocks and bonds.
- Retirement and pension income planning.
- Reporting under CRA volunteer disclosure program (VDP).
Corporate tax planning and preparation.
- Compensation/Income planning strategies(salary vs. dividends).
- Corporate reorganizations & business combinations: (amalgamations and windups).
- Estate, Succession & Trust Planning.
- Regulatory compliance.
Estate & Trust tax return planning and preparation
Immigration and Emigration
Canadian tax law includes a number of special rules that apply to immigrants and emigrants. We are able to advise both corporations and individuals planning to establish or relinquish Canadian residency.
US Tax Returns
- US tax returns for nonresidents 1040 NR and residents 1040.
- US rental income for Canadians.
Guidance and Assistance with Canada Revenue Agency Audits.
Representation and negotiations on behalf of clients in matters of concern or dispute with the Canada Revenue Agency.